This St. Patrick’s Day, keep the green in your community and choose local first.
- Deposit your money at community banks and credit unions
- Invest in locally owned businesses
- Shop at independent businesses
This year, Americans plan to spend $6.85 billion to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Let’s shift some of that spending to locally owned businesses!
Locally owned businesses help us keep the green in our communities. They strengthen our local economy, culture, and well-being. Independent businesses re-circulate more money in our community compared to chain stores and online giants. Moreover, studies show that small businesses create most new jobs.
Want to do more? Move Your Money
- Learn more about our Move Your Money campaign starting April 1.
- Watch a recording of our ABCs of Local Investing Webinar with Michael Shuman.