This St. Patrick’s Day, keep the green in your community and choose local first.
- Deposit your money at community banks and credit unions
- Invest in locally owned businesses
- Shop at independent businesses
If you plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at home this year, order take-out at an independent restaurant or purchase meals ingredients at locally owned market. This year, despite the pandemic, Americans planned to spend $5.87 billion to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Let’s shift some of that spending to locally owned businesses!
Locally owned businesses help us keep the green in our communities. They strengthen our local economy, culture, and wellbeing. Independent businesses re-circulate more money in our community than chain stores. Moreover, studies show that small businesses create most new jobs.
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day During the Pandemic
This year’s National Retail Federation survey indicates that 54 percent of U.S. adults plan to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in 2022.
Want to do more? Move Your Money
- Learn more about our Move Your Money campaign starting April 1.
- RSVP for our ABCs of Local Investing Webinar on March 23 at 4 p.m. ET.