Access to Markets Symposium Featuring Senator Amy Klobuchar
Join us at the Access to Markets Symposium featuring Sen. Amy Klobuchar and co-hosted by: AMIBA, Common Future, Small Business Majority, Common Good Collective, and American Economic Liberties Project.
This 90-minute online meeting is for small and medium-sized businesses, associations, and entrepreneurs to discuss how the unfair and abusive tactics of dominant businesses (or monopolies) harm your business and industry and prevent you from accessing fair markets.
Today in Washington and in many states, there is a recognition that dominant businesses are using their market power to stifle smaller businesses (or even push them out of the market) using tactics like unfair contract terms, copycatting innovative products, predatory pricing, etc. You will hear from Senator Klobuchar, a champion for fair competition, seeking to set federal policies that create a fair playing field.
Additionally, with President Biden’s recent Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy that prioritizes small businesses and new leadership at the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice, there is a fresh opportunity to make your voices heard and directly affect policymaking.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Small group discussion with other business owners to share stories about how these dynamics have affected you and your industry.
- Discussion on the common tactics monopolists use to stifle small businesses (e.g., copycatting, predatory pricing, erecting toll booths, etc.).
- Resources about political actions you can take at the federal and state level: learn how to engage the FTC, DOJ, and your state representative.
- Build relationships with other business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Help collectively make the case for small businesses and the barriers you face to accessing fair markets.
- Learn how you can support federal efforts to create fairer, more equitable markets that allow your business to thrive.
WHAT IS THE COST TO ATTEND?
- It’s FREE TO ATTEND. This event is a live event, and your participation is part of the experience.
Please note, there are no plans to make a recording available.