Halloween is a great time to Choose Indie Local.
From National Retail Federation: Total Halloween spending is expected to reach a record $12.2 billion, exceeding last year’s record of $10.6 billion, according to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics. A record number of people (73%) will participate in Halloween-related activities this year, up from 69% in 2022.
How is your community celebrating Halloween?
- Halloween in Havre de Grace (MD)
- Hallowe’en Activities in Andersonville (IL)
- Thrill the World – Global Thriller Flash Mob (PA)
- Weird and Creepy – Art Exhibit (MI)
- Let us know how your community celebrates!
Let’s ensure that independent businesses have strong Halloween sales by:
- Purchasing your costumes and decorations at locally owned businesses (or better yet, buy materials locally and make your own)
- Buying locally made goodies at locally owned candy stores
- Sharing on social media how much you love locally owned businesses (tag your post with #chooseindielocal)
- Adapting and sharing this post on social media